Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Monday, August 2, 2010

Third times the charm!

Well after starting and failing two times, I have finally made it all the way through John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath. As someone as known for my melancholy as for my sarcastic wit, even I was struck that this book was such a downer. I mean everytime that things began to look up for the Joad clan disaster struck.

But as was said in a movie which is very personally inspirational to me, "When you read last page, close book."



So with that I'm on to the next book, Callirhoe by Chariton. This is a book which Todd Hughes chose with a random number selection. Callirhoe is sometimes referred to (including on my list) as Chaireas and Kallirhoe. It is a Syracusan love story, so this is going to work out great for Keith Adams who holds an almost unblemished record of cynicism.

No comments:

Post a Comment