Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Next!

Just finished A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. It took some getting use to the slang used by Mr. Burgess especially since I've never seen the movie. Interestingly the version I have includes an "extra" chapter. In the introduction the author talks about the 21st chapter. He mentions that American versions of this book did not include the final chapter while every other version did. It was interesting that when making his classic movie, Stanley Kubrick, an Englishman, based his movie on the American version.

Next on the list is a selection chosen by my recently betrothed friend Stewart Cisco. It is Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I know practically nothing about the book but from what I can surmised it is a group of vignettes which I believe will intertwine with one another. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment