Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cloud Atlas

Well last night I finished Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It was a very interesting book. Its actually a series of short stories chopped up and continued at various points throughout the narrative. Eventually you realize that all these stories across different generations and genres are intertwined. Genres. Mr. Mitchell basically uses a different style for each story. Theres a journal, a collection of letters, a thriller, a futuristic post-apocalyptic story. Just very well done. I highly recommend.

So next. According to the schedule Amok by Stefan Zweig should be next. But I really want to try out my e-reader app for my phone so it will be The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. Plus the second half of the month is when most of my bills come due so it just makes more since to start reading the thirty some-odd free books I have then plunk down money for a new book. Though invariably I'll probably say to myself during the course of the next two weeks, "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" and buy one anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment