Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Book Expedition!

Well seeing as how I'm working five days straight after today, I decided that I needed to make a B&N run to pick up a book for when I finished Callirhoe. Looking at my list it would appear that next up should be Stewart's pick of Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell and then Matthew's pick of Amok by Stefan Zweig. Sadly neither was in stock but the nice lady at the counter ordered a copy of Cloud Atlas for me and hopefully it'll be in before I finish the current book. I hate driving all the way to Jones Valley and coming up empty-handed and it would be just as bad walking out with just an order receipt so I needed to pick another book. At this point I called into service my trusty Droid. I was able to bring up the website which has the book list and a random number generator to make a selection. After a few attempts, I finally found one in stock........wait for it.........wait for it......A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. Now I'm kinda excited about it because I've never watched the Stanley Kubrick classic. So if Cloud Atlas arrives before I finish Callirhoe I will read it however if it does not I'll have Clockwork Orange waiting in the wings.

1 comment: