Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Just finished Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. And surprisingly it is not talking about the female heart it's actually about a trip into the depths of the African Congo. I had no idea until I just looked it up that it was the basis for Apocalypse Now. I don't know why...maybe it was the style of writing but I really didn't care for this book. It just never grabbed me. It was less than a hundred pages and felt like it took me forever to finish.

Next up is The Book of Evidence by John Manville as selected by my most trusted advisor Matthew.

2 comments:

  1. I suggest "A Modest Proposal." It's quite short, and a satire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Tale of a Tub by Swift is actually among the next five on my list.

    ReplyDelete