Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nice turnaround!

Finished with Atonement by Ian McEwan. As I said earlier, I didn't make it through very much of the movie. Also, when I first started with the book it didn't seem to be much better. I mean several mornings I woke up with the bedroom lights on and the book lying upon my bed. However once I got through the exposition which was the first about hundred and fifty pages or so, it became much better. The rest of the story especially about Robbie Turner's march to Dunkirk and Briony Tallis's experiences as a nurse during World War II really brought the story around and then the conclusion really finished the story off well.

So next on (or should I say off?) the list will be The Book of Evidence by John Banville as chosen by good friend and most trusted advisor, Matthew. However, it's not scheduled to arrive until Friday so in the intervening time I think I'll try to finish off Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad which I began before I started Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment