Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just finished with Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. The title of the book is a term for a petty thief. The title also alludes to the eroticism in the book. In the story, Sue Trinder, a fingersmith under the matronly Mrs. Sucksby. Sue poses as a maid for Maud Lilly in order to help a man named Gentleman steal Lilly's inheritance. Of course things don't go as planned.

The first blurb on the back states:

"Superb storytelling. Fingersmith is gripping; so suspenseful and twisting is the plot that for the last 250 pages, I read at breakneck speed."
-USA Today

I find that funny because the last 100 pages seemed to take me forever.

Next up shall be Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy. In addition I will try to find the urge to keep calling it Far From the Maddening Crowd.



2 comments:

  1. I wish I could read as fast as you. You've read so many books,and I'm still working on the same three. I think I will buckle down and try to finish all of them before June is out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without sounding morose, I wish I didn't have such an over-abundance of free time.

    ReplyDelete