Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Can't sleep so I'll blog......

Ugh! I can't sleep and I have to be at work at 8:30 in the morning. Oh and also I'm freakin' exhausted so there is no reason I shouldn't be asleep. Stupid brain won't ever shut up.

....Anywho I'm in the middle of Harriet Hume by Rebecca West. I had to buy a used copy of it. When I first got it I liked to imagine who might have read this book before me. Now the copy I got is from the Virago Modern Classic collection. Virago is a publishing company based out of London which publishes exclusively women authors. So I'll assume that the previous reader is female. Which brings up many other interesting questions: Was this book assigned reading for a Women's Literature class? or was it just a book that that girl/woman found by happenstance? or Could it possibly be that somewhere in this world there is a woman who is on the same quest as me? Maybe she, like me, is reading through this list as a means to give her life some meaning. Maybe she, too, has been shunned by society and forced into a life of solitude. Maybe somewhere in this world I have a kindred spirit, a person who truly understands what I'm going through. Who knows, but it's interesting to wonder.

And with that I'll try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment