Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Thursday, October 14, 2010

King Solomon's Mines


Just finished King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard. It was a nice adventure story. The only thing I didn't like about it was early in the story there was a scene where the protagonists slaughter a herd of elephants. That didn't sit well with me. I'm just saying.



This story has been made into several movies. I suppose the most famous or rather the one I remember the most is the Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone version from the 1980s. It's interesting that none of the movies seem to go by the book at all. For instance, there was only one female character in the book and they it wouldn't have been Sharon Stone.




Next on the schedule should be The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble. However, he book is in the process of being shipped, and it's not scheduled to be in until Monday. Hopefully it'll be in tomorrow or Saturday but if its not I'll have to go to Keith Adams Contingency Plan 7C, which is pick an e-book to read which will be The Time Machine by H.G. Wells.

2 comments:

  1. If you have trouble reading it via digital format I'm sure it's in the H.G. Wells leather book we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'd be helpful there's several HG Wells books on the list:

    The Time Machine
    The Invisible Man
    The Island of Dr. Moreau
    The War of the Worlds
    Tono-Bongay

    As of the last info from the tracking info, it left the sorting facility in Kearny, New Jersey. I'm not sure how the mail flow works but surely I'd be able to get it by Saturday.

    ReplyDelete