Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

Progress

80 of 1001 Books Read

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a guy who likes a challenge so at the ripe age of 30 I'm setting out on this quest of great significance......okay its this quest of little to no significance of reading every book in one of those 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die or You Totally Suck list. Now the list I chose isn't necessarily a definitive list or anything I just type in "1001 books you must read" into Google and this is what I found. Why am I doing this you may ask. I say why not. "C'mon Keith! Give us a reason," you respond. Okay if I must have a reason. I'd say that I'm doing this to give myself something to strive for without being too dramatic something to live for. I really don't believe I'll every be able to finish this list but I intend to give it my level best effort. Anything less wouldn't be worthy of such a quest, it wouldn't be worthy of being something that Keith Adams puts in his mind to achieve. After perusing the list I noticed that several of the selections were assigned for me to read at various points in my school days (ex. Old Man and the Sea, The Great Gatsby, Tess of the d'urbevilles, etc.) and of course I never then so I didn't read them. So here I go. I will probably update tomorrow with the list of books off the list which I have already read. Also I will be choosing my selections via a random number generator and if I've never heard of the book I will not read a synopsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment